Saturday, September 20, 2008

Does this mean you are not sure when Gujarat will be finally called a developed state?
The day a person says all work is done, that day the development of that state will stop. Development is an ongoing process. We must keep upgrading ourselves always.

Today, more and more politicians are making personal remarks. Even you have made fun of Sonia Gandhi? Why is this happening?

If I have passed single personal comment on Sonia Bhen, I request your magazine to criticise me as much as it wants.

Do you think that the national media is biased against you?

I do not like to criticise anyone or the media. Media has to decide now whether what it was doing was correct or not. I feel that the media is capable enough of doing its own introspection. It does not need my suggestions.

Some pundits and analysts are saying that while the Modi model may have worked in Gujarat, it will not work in any other state in India. First, Modi is not a model. Second, if they feel that providing electricity to 18,000 villages like we did in the state of Gujarat is not possible in any other state, I feel sorry for them.

What they mean is that there is too much caste-based politics in other Indian states.

One has to decide whether you want to work for the country or play politics. Once you decide that, it is possible to work in any part of the country. I believe every Indian believes in development. One should never blame the people.

There is a tendency in the BJP that whenever a politician becomes powerful, his/her relation with the party suffers a lot. No one has tried to keep me away from the party. I am also not going away from my party. I do not see a reason or any possibility of this.

Do you think that your aggressive Hindutva image will be accepted by the various NDA allies?

First of all, I do not waste my time or life on image building. I use my power, energy and time to build an image for Gujarat. I want my Gujarat to be the best.

How do you look at the prospects of NDA and UPA during the 2009 elections?

I got opportunity to travel around, and wherever I went, I felt that the country feels that there is a vacuum and desperately needs a Prime Minister. In the present atmosphere, one feels that India doesn’t have a Prime Minister. I feel people are desperately looking for a change. No one is ready to accept the UPA.

You use the slogan ‘Jai Gujarat’ more often than ‘Jai Bharat Maa’. I start my speech with ‘Jai Bharat Maa’. During the elections, ‘Jitega Gujarat’ was our party’s slogan that is why we used it more often. But my government’s motto, and we are repeating this since the last six years, is ‘Bharat key vikas key liye Gujarat ka vikas zaroori hai’.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2008
An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

Read these article :-
ZEE BUSINESS BEST B SCHOOL SURVEY
B-schooled in India, Placed Abroad (Print Version)
IIPM in Financial times (Print Version)
IIPM makes business education truly global (Print Version)
The Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
IIPM Campus

Top Articles on IIPM:-
'This is one of Big B's best performances'
IIPM to come up at Rajarhat
IIPM awards four Bengali novelists
IIPM makes business education truly global-Education-The Times of ...
The Hindu : Education Plus : Honour for IIPM
IIPM ranked No.1 B-School in India, Management News - By ...
IIPM Ranked No1 B-School in India
Moneycontrol >> News >> Press- News >> IIPM ranked No1 B-School in ...
IIPM ranked No. 1 B-school in India- Zee Business Survey ...
IIPM ranked No1 B-School in India :: Education, Careers ...
The Hindu Business Line : IIPM placements hit a high of over 2000 jobs
Deccan Herald - IIPM ranked as top B-School in India
India eNews - IIPM Ranked No1 B-School in India
IIPM Delhi - Indian Institute of Planning and Management New Delhi ...domain-b.com : IIPM ranked ahead of IIMs